Submitted: 08-10-2004 by rw

FAST! FAST! FAST! It's only 12 feet but it's faster than 14 foot kayaks I've tryed. I guess the 26 1/2 is 3 inches... narrower then the 29-30 inch wide kayaks I was in before. I'm 225 lbs so my sit is wet and the foot compartment is in 4 inchs of water all the time! I gladly trade that for the GREAT STablity and SPEED! I didn't feel tippy! I could RELAX and I felt as comfortable as in my sit-inside kayak! I even sit on side of it resting with both feet over the same side of kayak and never felt like it was gonna tip over! Wonderful! Tracks Straight... it's a pleasure to use this kayak. It seems to coast forever... I paddled 4 fast strokes and rested and it went another 30 or 40 yards! WOW! I jumped off the kayak to swim and had no problems getting back into it. It's 53 lbs and it's pretty light. No side handles. If you are 225 lbs or above be prepared to sit in 2 inches of water... but it is DIFFENENTLY WORTH IT!