Submitted: 08-09-2004 by Rick Johnson

Swifty's are about the only decent boat you can buy in Tucson so they are fairly popular. Since thay are sold by a chain store, they can be found all over town and are better than that thin-shell boat sold at a more expensive store. We kept looking at Swifty's as a back-up boat but never tried one until we did a lake clean-up withthe local paddling club. During lunch my daughter borrowed and tested a Swifty and fell in love with it.

It's a fun boat for play and an afternoon on the water. I wouldn't do an entire day or a long trip in one but for a couple hours on the lake or calm river, it is wonderful. Short enough to turn around on a dime, handles well and weighs little so anyone can pick it up. All in all, it's an excellent entry-level boat, excellent for kids and useful as a back-up boat.