Submitted: 08-09-2004 by PETE

Next to my wilderness Systems Cape Horn Pro, the Sonoma is fast and fun. I've found that it is heavy in the bow and awkward to carry. I have found that if I leave a bilge pump and pfd under the stern deck bungee that it will almost even out. The decals, although attractive, are overdone. I peeled them off immediately. The rear hatch should have a combing and neoprene cover. When rolled, it will fill with water. It is easy to roll. I love the narrow beam. It does track well and really doesn't need a rudder. I actually prefer it to my Cape Horn 16.5 for most shorter outings. I've taken it out every day for the last month. My partner tried fifteen different boats and couldn't decide. I bought the Sonoma without even testing it. She loves it. I love it. My 11 year old daughter loves it and paddles it all over the bay without problem.