Submitted: 08-09-2004 by JOHN

ABOUT RON'S PROBLEM WITH ROLLING ROLLERS -- Initially, I found that my Hully Rollers shifted/rolled down when I removed the kayak. It took time, but I fixed this problem with better usage and wear/tear. First, the butterfly clips, attached to the rollers, were not tight enough. Second, the roof clamp screw, which locks onto the rubberized bar, was not tight enough. Third, the rubberized bar itself was very slick (almost had an oily finish) when first purchased. With six trips under my belt and driving through some heavy downpours, the oily finish on the bar is gone and the rubber exterior on the bar is more scuffed up. It seems to hold better. Right now, I don't see this as a problem.

But if it persists for Ron, I would scuff up the bar a little where the various brackets attach to it, or add a little double-sided tape. Then, it should work fine.