Submitted: 08-05-2004 by marcusn

As a relatively new kayak paddler, my wife, myself and our three young kids bought this boat complete with paddle at Galyans for $510. Truly a great deal. We went looking for an Old Town otter, but like the size and seat comfort of the 11' America in comparison. I'm 5'10 160lb, my wife is 5'8" 130lb. We have each taken this boat out separately, and love the size of it. It's stable, tracks well as reported, but one comment I'd like to add for those of you with young kids or maybe a calm dog (unlike our Flat Coat pup). This cockpit is large and able to accomadate a kid in front of the paddler without him/her getting in the way at all. We LOVE this feature, as it allows us to share the fun with the ones we'd love to catch the bug with us. We've only had this boat for a week now, but have used it at every opportunity. We've fought over time with it, and may just be looking for a second any day now. One of the main reasons I like it is it's realatively light weight. It can easily be lifted onto a car rack, as even my wife can testify. Makes it all the more easy to use. We only use this boat as recreation, but what a great dimension it's added for us.