Submitted: 08-03-2004 by mike

The Klondike is versatile, and tries to make as little compromise on hull shape for the fact it is a folder. The down side of this fact is that assembly time can be in the region of 1hr to 1hr 20 plus the time it would usually take you to get yourself together for a paddle. This preparation time often puts me off going for a short evening paddle. The girlfriend loves the boat but she’s not a committed kayaker, so for the days she’s not with me, the Klondike as a single boat is do-able especially if you’ve got the sail option, choose the weather conditions carefully for solo paddling as it could get quite tiring. The sailing rig might need a little adaptation for solo use but is really cool, and well worth the money. Mark Balogh has indicated to me that he can adapt one of his sail rig/outrigger combinations for the Klondike which is something that I would definitely like to try sometime soon.