Submitted: 08-03-2004 by Peter G

I just picked up my Inferno that Vince Darwood correctly determined from a telephone conversation would my boat. After racing home to Vancouver against a setting sun I had time for a first paddle. I love this boat, I am in Kayak heaven and I want to quit my job and paddle my Inferno around the world.

Firstly, the boat is solid and well designed. The core Vince uses in the layup produces a solid hull and deck with no oil canning. The cockpit is spaceous and can accomodate someone far taller than my 6'2" frame. The foot peddle adjustments don't move. The hull shape gives the perfect combination of initial stability and speed. The bow entry produces minimal slap in oncoming waves. Turns smoothly and easily thanks to the rudder location. But this is the part I really love. The Inferno is a surf ski so it better surf and surf it does. It surfs on anything and accelerates on a dime.

It is also fast. I felt like I was buzzing around English Bay on a motorboat. I would highly recommend this ski.