Submitted: 08-02-2004 by Nick Bauman

I bought this kayak based on the reviews here and the fact that it is inflatable, making transporting it easier. There was a review that rated this kayak a four out of ten that has since been removed. The problem this person had was in dealing with the inflation of the Kayak. I have solved this problem and I thought I'd share how.

I had originally found this kayak very difficult to inflate unless you use a pump that can handle the military-style valves. I couldn't get a decent shape out of it until I picked up a Sevylor River Boat Pump model number RB2500 to help get this boat to the correct turgidity. With the Sevylor, this kayak is ready to float in literally less than 5 minutes. You don't risk overinflation nearly as much because the Sevylor was built for this kind of thing.

I haven't used it a lot, but so far it's a pretty amazing kayak considering it is an inflatable that packs up small enough to fit into something little larger than an overnight bag and weighs 35 lbs yet looks and behaves like a real kayak, not like other inflatables.