Submitted: 08-02-2004 by puddy

I have to say I really love my little Dagger! I had never kayaked before and after doing some research and reading reviews I decided to purchase the Zydeco. Some of the other small recreational models by other manufacturers that I looked at didn't have the extra features that the Zydeco has. For example, the adjustable foot pegs & the adjustable back rest with lumbar support, and front & rear rigging on the deck. Also, at 5'4" and 120 lbs. I needed a kayak that I could lift, carry and load by myself. At 38 lbs. and 9.5' long the Zydeco is perfect, not to mention how smoothly it handles in the water. I have wanted to learn how to kayak for a long time but was apprehensive about getting out on the water by myself. I never realized how easy it was going to be and just how much I was going to enjoy it. I feel such an exquisite sense of solitude and peace when I am out on the water. I think the Zydeco is a great little kayak at a very reasonable price and I am thrilled that I made the decision to buy it!