Submitted: 08-02-2004 by Val

The Adventure XL125 is a stable boat with great tracking. Bought one for my son who is 16 and is 5-8 160 and it is pertect for him. He has paddled an Otter, a Loon and also an Ocean Kayak for the past few years but the Adventure 125 is a total differant feel he says. He uses the Kayak as part of his baseball workout to work on his wrist and forearm strength and is on the river almost everyday. We live by the Swimming River in New Jersey which is a tidal river that flows in from the Navesink River off of Sandy Hook and the current is strong in the narrow areas. The 125 cuts it like a knife and with the high bow, boat traffic is no problem. I was going to buy the XL 139 but the 125 handled better when we test paddled them. We both liked the way the boat tracks and the stability was a must in the rivers that we paddle due to the boat traffic, tides and wind by the beach. I like Old Town kayaks, they seem to be built stronger and the seat is more padded than other boats we paddled. I have been kayaking for 10 years and have paddled OT Loons, Perceptions, Dementions and Ocean Kayaks,and I can ay that the The Adventure XL 125 is a great boat. - - The Jersey Paddler in Brick Township, New Jersey is a GREAT PLACE to shop and purchase a kayak or canoe, they have 2,000 boats in stock and the staff is great!!