Submitted: 07-27-2004 by man2000

Excellent sit on top! In the last 5 years since 1999 the first post here, 9 out of 10 posts have been positive. I find it strange that within last week 2 people give it a 1 rating. I went to bookstore when I bought this kayak and read correct sit-on-top techniques and NEVER had a problem with this kayak. I have sit-inside kayaks and it's a different technique. With the Dolphin I can turn by useing my body and that's why it has a 15 degree movement, so I can ride waves and turn fast. If you want a BARGE get a Tarpon. In the world of SPORTS fast boats and fast anything is sleeker ... this is a PRO kayak and not a Newbie kayak. A 6' 4" 250 lb guy needs a Barge IMHO (2 negative posts were posted by guys that are LINEBACKERS 6' 4" 250 lbs ). The rest of us that understand the Polynesion Design know it's for Big Waves and the Artist in you. Try before you buy and ask the PRO's in the kayak store for a kayak that would be right for your skill and interest... then take it out for a demo.

The thing I had trouble with is the handles so I took a point off. I would not let a newbie ride this without instruction and I let the newbie use one of my sit-insides. The PRO shop I bought it from said the Dolphin is one of the BEST Kayaks for OCEAN and lake use and they had alot of brands there. I tryed alot of them before I bought it and have been satisfyed with it. If I demo-ed a kayak I'm not sure I would write a review. If I bought it and used a month or so, then I would probably write a review. But that's me and everyone is FREE to say or write what they want.