Submitted: 07-26-2004 by TFF

My wife and I have been paddling our Adirondacks all summer. The Adirondack is an excellent kayak which delivers exactly what it promises - fantastic comfort, excellent stability, and good handling! We have found the tracking to be very good. The stern compartment has stayed dry in rough water on local lakes and rivers. Had no problems with the adjustable foot pegs and found the paddle holder to be convenient. Customer service from Walden has been very good although by now Tracy probably turns green when he sees an email from me. We purchased our kayaks as a platform for wildlife photography, a bit of fishing and sight seeing so speed was never really a consideration. I don't find the Adirondack to be particularly quick but I've also paddled boats which are a lot slower (interestingly, my daughter who weighs about half of what I do can really make this boat fly). Kudos to Walden for their use of recycled plastic and for hooking up with Mountain Equipment as a dealer here in Canada! Couldn't be happier!

Kayak Sails: