Submitted: 12-30-1998 by Steve

I recently purchased an Acadia. The boat is nimble, quick to accelerate, and easy to handle. I did have some problems negotiating tight turns on a low water summer creek...but that was because it tracks very well! A friend in a Swifty 3.1 handled them better but wore out on the straight stretches. I took the boat to Kentucky Lake and found that it handled the river channel with confidence. I don't agree that a rubber hatch cover and foam bulkhead cost so much on top of the base price of the boat. It paddles about as well as the Spectrum but is more stable. Compared to the Swifty and Keowee models, it is a speed demon. I will probably get the Carolina this year and give the Acadia to my wife. However, for someone wanting a good recreational boat that will comfortably handle an overnight trip or a ten mile paddle without wearing you out, the Acadia is a good boat at a reasonable price. As for longer boats overtaking the Acadia as one reviewer mentioned...in small creeks and tight turns in coves while exploring, a shorter boat is preferable. The Acadia is a lot of fun and still tracks pretty well.