Submitted: 07-19-2004 by AEC

We have two Meridians - my husband paddles a glass SK and I a kevlar SKS. I tried many boats before deciding on this one, have paddled it 3 years now, and really like the way it handles. The skeg is sometimes a bit difficult to raise / lower but I rarely use it, even in wind and 3-4' seas. The only real problem we've had is that the glass boat developed a bubble in the gellcoat which popped and leaked an orangy substance. That happened when the boat was on top of the car - and not where it could have been hit by a rock or other object. We'd had the boat only a few weeks and it was in pristine condition otherwise, but Dagger refused to exchange, fix, or otherwise deal with an obvious manufacturing flaw. I finally found a fellow who works on yachts to repair it (can't even see where the problem was) and he also was convinced the problem originated in the Dagger factory. So - great boat, lousy service.