Submitted: 07-13-2004 by jfar

I am reposting from the last review (7/5/04). Yakima, or I should say Watermark, sent me a new pair of Hullraisers, and apologized for having sent the replacement pads earlier. It does seem like they have redesigned the foam pads somewhat, but I'm still not confident that they will hold up to UV for long. I have been told the new pads adjust easier than the original, but I haven't put them to the test yet. The 8 rating is probably too high, but I do appreciate their customer support response. I don't think that they should have customers 'Beta' test their product. I only hope that the newly designed pads will hold up in use. I use the Yakima Boatloader to help load and unload the Kayak, and I use a step ladder to strap the boat to the rack. It only takes me 10 minutes for the whole process of loading the boat and strapping it down. The Hullraiser design allows the boat to rest on the strongest structural part of the boat, which is great for longer trips.