Submitted: 07-13-2004 by Mats Jansson

I wanted to add this update after this weekend's 2-day trip. The boat continues to impress me on the following counts:

1) Outer hull holding up against massive abuse against rocks, tree branches. One episode had the boat pushed against a tree with broken branches with heavy water pushing the boat into it for about 20 minutes before we could get it free. You could barely see any scratches on the hull and no leaks developed.
2) The seats are really great and I have improved on them further by putting a custom cut foam swim kick board (about 1" thick) underneath - with this, you can have all bail holes open and not have to sit in water. Also, because of the long straps holding the chair in place, there is a lot of flexibility as to where you position them for the weight of the paddlers, equipment etc.
3) The tie down eyelets are all in the right spot, and heavy duty.

4) The ability to carry gear is really phenomenal for an inflatable.
5) Looked cool when I bought it, and I still love the way it looks
6) Great tracking and maneuverability

Now for the bad part: On this last trip, both large side air bladders on one of the SVX200s developed leaks, and upon inspection, they were not in a place where that could have been caused by tears - they were at the very tip, right next to a weld - both of them in the exact same spot - sounds like mfg defect to me. Anyway, we carried extras so were OK, but it's disconcerting nevertheless - I suspect I will get these replaced on warranty, but I hope this doesn't become a recurring problem. Stay tuned.