Submitted: 07-12-2004 by atmoltmaker
Definitely one of the best kayaks you can buy for such a cheap price. I paid $329 at Dick's Sporting Goods. Compare that with $649 for the Pungo 120. I did have an issue with the first kayak I bought but it was quickly replaced without a hassle. As previously mentioned you get the same mold as the Pungo and the great handling and tracking. Yes, you are missing some of the extras you might get with a Pungo but:

I bought a seat pad for about $40 that is close to equal to one of the Phase3 seats. I would agree that the floation leaves something to be desired but again buying a couple of floation bags is still cheaper than the Pungo. I have also added a bungie rigging kit to the front of the kayak that works just fine. Although I do wish it had a bulkhead for what I paid I am not complaining.

This is a great kayak for someone who is just beginning to learn to kayak and is a kayak that will not be quickly out grown as your skills improve.

New York Kayak Co.: