Submitted: 07-06-2004 by Frank

I agree with what others have written. I've owned this kayak for a month now, and have nothing bad to report. This is my first kayak purchase (although I've rented or borrowed hard shell kayaks on occasion for many years), and I'm very happy.

Adding to what's already been written below:

1. Cabelas.com is selling the IK 140 for $320.
2. I have two young children, and the Kayak is great for touring around lakes with them. We could probably squeeze my wife in too, but that would be very tight. I'm thinking to buy another IK 140 (or maybe a hard shell single) so that we can all be out on the water safely and comfortably.
3. I can confirm that the kayak does track very well, and does not get blown off course in a 10 knot wind.
4. It is a bumpy in 2' waves.
5. The ride is damp, as a lot of paddle splash gets in the boat.
6. The boat is not as slow as I'd be led to believe. Then again, it does take constant work to stay moving. And in that 10 knot wind and choppy 2' waves, you get a real workout.
7. This boat is great fun, and well worth the money spent. Was camping this past weekend, and my friends, family and I had a great time.
8. The space savings from the ability to fold up the kayak is nice. But for car travel, there is still the life vests and paddles that now have to be stored. One attraction of the IK was no car rack...but now I feel the need for an above car rack to store the extra gear. Gear which may have fit in the hardshell.