Submitted: 07-05-2004 by JTR

First, this kayak is not comparable to a "hard" kayak, but it will fit in the backseat or trunk of the smallest car when deflated. I purchased the boat to be used as a fishing craft in swift river situations. I have now owned this craft for 2 years. It handles well and performs admirably up to class III (I have not had to brave anything higher so far). The optional stablizer is almost necessary for flat water paddling. It is certainly a tough craft. I have bounced off many rocks and often suspend the craft on rocks to fish. I have even stood up in this kayak but this is definitely not recommended nor safe. The 380 is a good stable IK for fishing or fun in moderate white water. By the way, the fly fisherman's optional seat will raise your seated position about 3 inches--very helpful when fishing.