Submitted: 07-05-2004 by jfar

I bought my Hullraisers last October for my Sonoma 13.5. Installation was easy (Subaru Forester), and in use I found the Hullraisers to be very good. But after only a few months, the foam pads began to deteriorate badly, even after coating them with Formula 303. I phoned Yakima customer support, and they agreed to send me a replacement set of foam pads, along with the other pads and plugs that would have to be removed in order to change the pads. I just got around to changing pads (I got as much use as possible out of the original pads), and I find that they are impossible for me to put on- way to tight (I barely got one to start on the bar). A previous poster (Merline) says that Yakima sent a replacement set, without detailing whether that means a new set of Hullraisers, or new foam. I intend to contact Yakima and request a new set of Hullraisers. A customer should not be put out to this extent to accommodate both a bad design and bad execution. If indeed Yakima has redesigned this product, and if they do send me a new set, I will definitely repost and revise my review. Until then, two thumbs down for bad execution on an otherwise serviceable design.