Submitted: 07-05-2004 by Spanky526

After reading many reviews from this website and talking to countless number of sales associates I made my purchase off of their recommendations. I’m 5’10 215lbs, and I find this kayak to be very roomy comfortable and lots of storage space. I am new to the sport of kayaking and before I bought my dagger, I had never been in kayak. I found it to be a little wobbly at 1st but after 30 minutes on the water I began to feel comfortable.

I have been out in this kayak 9 times in the 3 weeks that I have owned it. I have been in 3 foot waves going with and against the waves. My only complaint is that it was taking water over the bow and I didn’t have my bilage pump or sponge to get rid of the water. However it tracked like a dream. I have also been in rivers and streams and have floated in less the 8 inches of water. This boat will turn on dime however you have to be careful not let the back end get away from you that is a very easy way to have water rush in over the side of the cockpit since the boat sits low to the water.

I plan on taking a 3 or 4 day trip camping along the river banks this boat has plenty of storage and with the air/gel seat, extremely comfortable for long days on the water. (I’m writing this review after being out on a river for 5 hours paddling up/downstream)

While practicing my entry technique after flipping the kayak I tested the buoyancy and after filling the cockpit with water I was able to sit and still stay afloat. It was hard to control and go straight, but it didn’t sink and that is what I was worried about.

If you are you looking for “The Boat” not ‘a good first boat” then I recommend this kayak without thinking twice. I am very happy and look forward to getting many years of service out of it.

Feel free to email me with any questions. Happy kayaking.