Submitted: 07-01-2004 by Ictalurus

I tried the Prowler a few months ago when I was in the market for a fishing kayak. I'm beginner, and I'm 6'5", 215lbs. There was plenty of leg room. I was really impressed by how fast the boat was and how well it tracked. I think it handled rather like a sink. I didn't find that turning was as bad as others had mentioned, but that wasn't a factor I was concerned about. Primary and secondary stability seemed very good (but I wouldn't try standing in it), and the ride was pretty dry (but it was a still day with no waves or wakes). The downside is that the boat is kind of heavy, but I would always use a cart so I could load my stuff on the boat and only make one trip. Storage seemed good, and there were plenty of flat surfaces for mounting rod holders and such. Overall, I'd recommend it.