Submitted: 06-28-2004 by Duaine

I Bought my Paddleski 395 PS after my wife and I went rafting on the N. Umpqua river in Oregon. I thought it would be nice to be able to use an electric motor with it, also to use it to do white water rafting up to maybe class 3, and also to paddle on lakes. After using it on the N. Umpqua and the Rogue rivers we found out why the Paddleski 395 is not rated for over class 2 riffles. We have been disappointed with it on the white water, but we have had alot of fun with the boat on lakes. We haven't tried it yet with a motor.

We live in a motorhome full time and we do take the boat with us during the summer. If I had it to do over again, would I buy the same Boat? I don't think so, I think I would buy the Sea Eagle 340 Kayak. I haven't had any problem with leaking, we have gone over quite a few rocks and the fabric holds up very well. I have the high pressure electic pump that Sea Eagle sells and it works well. One other problem that I have noticed is that after inflating when we put the boat into cold water the air contracts and the boat sinks a little lower in the water. I think all inflatables have this problem so I don't know what to do about it. Enjoy.