Submitted: 06-28-2004 by tschuck
Riding the Acadia as a single. Read my earlier reviews on this boat paddled as a Tandem. Today I took it out for a 2 mile trip as a solo. My 120lb son tried it first, but was able to get any action. But with my 185lbs, the boat was amazing. Totally Reponsive to any quick turn, yet tracks straight and glides true. Our chosen path took us over several small stream sand bars which meant I had to get out, push the boat over and using a skate-boarding push gave myself a running start and plopped right down into the comfortable seat. Tippy? Not even a little bit. I felt I abused the boat's primary "stability", but it never once acted like it wanted to do anything but stay perfectly level. Yet you can lean into a quick turn. I finally have to give this boat a perfect 10. It does everything (small stream and lake) perfectly! As a Tandem or as a Solo.

Botetourt County Tourism: