Submitted: 10-16-1999 by GL

Let me first say that sit on tops are really not my ideal boat. That said, I also believe that the Scupper Classic is the best of all the sit on tops that I tried. I feel that it is reasonably fast for its type. It is indestructable, tracks straight, is good in rough water and is cheap. I also tried the Prism, the Scupper Pro, the Necky Dolphin and the Scrambler. For my taste the Classic leads the pack. The Necky and Prism are slower. The Scupper pro is similar but less manuverable. The Scrambler is way too slow and slaps the water when you paddle hard. If you are considering a sit on top for fishing, diving or exploring, then you should really put the Classic on the top of your list. It is almost as much fun as cockpit kayak of the slower recreational type, like a Carolina. I love the Classic and must applaud Ocean Kayak for their first and best effort.