Submitted: 06-23-2004 by banjo

I just bought a Dagger Catalyst 13' made from exolar plastic in green. I'm a relative newcomer to yaks, have done years of canoe camping mostly on gentle rivers such as the Current in MO. The claim is that this boat can do day trips, over nights, track well with good speed and stability. Well, it seems to have all of that- it is very stable and easy to handle. Tracks very well; I haven't yet put her to the extreme tests. There are two sealed bulkheads which really do stay bone dry and have outstanding covers. I bought and strongly suggest a cockpit cover. At 51 lbs or so I can easily hoist this puppy up on my shoulder and it's easy to secure to my truck-the security bar is a nice touch. Plenty of storage and bungee cords for camping; the cockpit is larger than most and easy to get into. The seat is a plus-you can inflate the backrest. I've been in the market for over a year to find the right boat- it was worth the wait. Outstanding!