Submitted: 10-16-1999 by Mike

Have had a chance to paddle my pairadise for about a month now.I use it primarily as a one man boat for touring,fishing and general recreation.This is a plastic boat and therefore a little heavy but very robust and sturdy feeling.I like my particular color combination of blue blending to green and finally to yellow.Wilderness systems calls this sapphire/maize.The graphics molded into the hull are horrible though.I don't know what the designers were thinking! I bought the boat because it had the most pronounced keel(actually three keels) of any other sitontop boat I've seen and I thought it would be superior in tracking.I was wrong! The bow of my boat likes to wander and it takes many steering strokes to overcome this wandering once it starts.To be fair this boat was designed for two people and this tendancy is probably rectified with more boat in the water. The boat is not quite as fast as I would have liked but it is very stable! I've been in confused five foot seas with it under the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco bay and had no concerns at all. Ocean Kayaks Malibu two is probably a better one man paddler but my pairadise looks very cool and is a comfortable dry ride(the bow does a nice job of deflecting waves down and out.I would buy another, but get rid of those graphics!!!