Submitted: 06-15-2004 by Dan

I thought it would be interesting to report on my Q400X. Not because I just purchased it but because I've had it for over three years and am happy to say that the only thing wrong with the boat was damage that I have done to it banging it around shorelines and loading it on my car. The boat is still in picture perfect shape and the marine gel coat has retained all its gloss with quite a bit of exposure to the elements minus the scratches from my wetsuit zipper (stupid me). Mine is a fiberglass model with the older rudder before the SmarTrak. Truthfully the rudder is an accessory that isn't really necessary. I've used mine once to test it and haven't lowered it since. The boat simply tracks that good. I've taken this boat out on some very big water tackling huge (5ft. plus) waves on Lake Michigan. I'm not a thrill seeker but I paddled with almost complete confidence in some very hairy situations. I believe that is directly due to the incredible seaworthiness of my QCC kayak. I cannot recommend a better kayak at a better value. When you tally all the costs of gear and boat you simply can't get a better deal than QCC. Do yourself a favor and compare the mechanical details of the QCC brand to others and you will understand the value of their hull design, 1/4 inch rigging, recessed accessories and so many other details. Also hats off to their outstanding customer service. About the only difficult part of working with QCC is the month it takes for them to build your boat - the waiting can be excruciating.