Submitted: 06-14-2004 by Sam H

My wife and I are very satisfied with our Dragonfly 2. We have taken the DF2 for short excursions on rivers and lakes. It fits easily in our Honda Civic with the 4-part paddles and bellow that came as part of a kit for an additional $100. It inflates quickly and is easy to carry once inflated. The water bottle holders, patch kit, small dry bag were all nice little touches.

The boat is stable and does move rather well through the water. My wife and I are both 58 tall. She is in the front position and I am in the stern. Neither of us feels cramped. The boat maximum hauling weight is 350 pounds which is not a problem for short day excursions. I do wear gloves because of the abrasiveness of the shell, and the angle my paddle stroke, I do wear the skin off my thumb knuckle. (Duct tape on my knuckle works too.)

Overall it is a convenient and enjoyable way to explore the flat water area around Bend, Oregon.