Submitted: 06-14-2004 by DRF

I have had my Prowler for a couple of months now though have not had many chances to go out in it as yet. Initial impressions though - stability and ability to deal with long and short chop on the busy waters of the Solent here in the South of England is excellent. Despite a lot of traffic of all sizes and a lot of wash I was confident in the kayak from the first time in the water. I am used to "sink's" rather than "sit-on-tops" and am very impressed with the primary and secondary stability of the Prowler.

Tracking and straight line speed are excellent too though turning takes rather more effort than I am used to - though for a long boat I guess it is okay.

My brother was down over the weekend, he has never kayaked in his life but within minutes he was zooming about in the Prowler as if he was born to it. I think that says a lot. If you need a kayak that you will take you long distances with ease, or something that will take a fair load whether it be for camping, fishing or whatever, I recommend the Prowler.

One minor niggle though, the bungee straps across the tankwell at the back are useful but would be far more useful if they were easily removable/replacable - attached with hooks rather than loops perhaps.

Anyway, minor niggles aside, a definite 10 out of 10 for me.