Submitted: 06-14-2004 by jmorin

As a Registered Maine Sea Kayak Guide and kayak instructor, I have had my seat in many different makes, sizes and models of kayaks. Last summer I purchased a Tempest 170 in kevlar to use as a guide boat. It is by far the best kayak I have ever paddled. The hip braces, adjustable thigh braces and seat allow me to paddle in comfort all day. Unlike the plastic version, the hatches fit great and are water tight. Even after teaching a class where the kayak is upside down a great deal of the time (intentionally of course), no water leaks into the hatches. This is a wonderful boat for paddlers of all abilities. It is very responsive, fun to carve turns with, and very easy to roll (one should special notice of the combing design at the stern end...how it tilts back toward the stern...awesome design) This is a kayak everyone should try before buying a their first or next one.