Submitted: 06-14-2004 by Brian

Ok, I know 10 is as high a rating as one can give, but, after testing other recreational kayaks at a local paddle-fest, I completely fell in love with the Liquidlogic Tuxedo. It handles and tracks great on a lake or river, and is very stable, without being too stable to have fun in. You can actually lean it into a turn without tipping, unlike some extremely wide kayaks. It kind of leans so far and holds you there without rolling over. It has an awesome feel on the water.

When I first got the boat last month, (my first kayak) I mainly stuck to lakes and fished from the boat. I caught many fish including bass, pickerel, and catfish. It is stable enough to cast a line in any direction without any worries at all.

Yesterday, I tried my first class I river run, which included a foot-and-a-half drop off, and the boat handled beautifully. It was a 10.6 mile run (according to the GPS). I slid over rocks, boulders, and slipped through the one foot waves with no problem. I did take on some water going over the small drop-off, so I'm now considering a spray skirt to stay dry when I try out some class II rapids!!!!

I would definitely recomend this boat for anyone who wants to paddle lakes and class I and II rivers...but would recomend the spray skirt for anything over class one! The seat is great, its got front deck rigging, and adjustable foot braces for comfort. And the seat back folds forward with lots of room for some sizeable gear to be stowed away behind the seat. There's enough room to empty your back-pack into the area behind the seat and do some overnight or week-end paddling trips.