Submitted: 06-11-2004 by skeenan
I've had my WS CL135 for about 3 months and have paddled about a dozen times in bayous, lakes and at the beach. The 135 is great for all. A bit on the short side, but that's balanced by manuverability. The bulkheads are great to have and stay dry and sealed. Not easy to access on the water, but there's enough room in the cockpit for those quickly needed items.

I don't have a rudder and probably won't get one with this model. I'll save that for my next kayak which will be a bit longer. Not to worry about speed though, b/c the 135 will stay even with any 16'.

I originally was looking at the dagger savannah and the perception carolina, but felt too cramped in the cockpits and low decking hurt the knees. This is definately not a problem with the CL.

It's easy to portage and incredibly stable on the water. Fishing will be much easier once I add a rod holder. The backrest is comfortable, but when reclined back, I found that the 3phase can't be raised completely. It may need some lumbar support, but overall a great seat. Watch out for bolt heads on interior of hatches since they will rip bags when being pulled out of the hatches!

Freedom Hawk Kayaks: