Submitted: 06-11-2004 by Winshooter

I bought a kevlar Maxi Poke bought seven years ago. The boat is very unstable and not suitable for duck hunting...the recoil of shotgun can easily capsize it. I tipped mine the first year I had it, and my loaded gun is rusting away at the bottom of the river. Talked to a Florida hunting guide service who related similar experiences with several of his clients, who instead recommended the Aquapod. Just like camping tents, beware the claims that a given model is a "two-man" or "three-man". In reality, such boats are one- and two-man, respectively. Very hard to tie these fragile boats securely to a vehicle, particularly for long drives across the wind-swept Dakota prairies. They ARE very light, however, so good for select purposes, but not worth the money or the risk to your life, in my opinion. If you decide to sell yours, good luck finding someone willing to out anything close to what you paid for it new.