Submitted: 06-10-2004 by Jeff

I've been paddling for over 10 years, and other than my plastic Sea Lion, this is my first real boat. Our local float shop has sea kayak demo days a few times a year and I have tried countless models. I had been most recently leaning towards a Necky Looksha. I love it's sleek feel and secondary stability. It edge-turns like no other. But when I sat in the Pursuit LP I was in heaven. I have never sat in a boat that is nearly as comfortable as this. I have some lower back problems, and find most kayaks unbearable (especially the Looksha, and Nighthawk)... both boats I wanted to like, but couldn't stand to be in them for more than a half-hour.

A friend of mine who is a guide tells me that the Pursuit LP is popular with guides because it's a great GEAR HAULER and still has great perfomance. It's pretty fast. Faster than the Looksha. I just love mine because:

- It's so dang comfortable, It's fast and sleek, It's red, It's got huge hatches, It's got good hatch clasps (unbreakable), It's a used demo (cheap).

Now I finally have a boat to match my $400 ikelos paddle.

Squid Anchor: