Submitted: 06-07-2004 by DPGreen

At only 13'10" the Delta is much quicker than you might expect and for such a short boat tracks like it's on a rail, yet turns well when leaned. I got mine for racing in a 14'6" and under class in Montana and couldn't be more pleased. Craftmanship is better than excellent (like all Doug Bushnell boats). One very pleasant side effect is that unlike many short kayaks, you can take a complete novice out without the usual learning curve of 10-12 miles before being able to run straight. My wife says it looks like a pregnant little downriver boat. It has a neat clipper bow and the V hull rides well through haystacks unlike my last short boat that lifted and slammed down on waves so hard, I wondered if it might break. Mine came with a great neoprine/nylon skirt and after racing it for 2 1/2 hours on the Yellowstone, I could hardly find a drop of water inside. The "Delta" was originally designed for a 13'10" marathon class on the West Coast. It's a fantastic little trainer and there's something pretty cool about going so fast in such a little guy.