Submitted: 12-21-1998 by H.R. Hall

After paddling this kayak for almost a year now, I am still very pleased with it's performance. I Go to all of the Demo Days in my area to try out new kayaks. The Gradient is still on top for me. I stayed on the Little Pigeon, Little River, the Tellico and the West Prong in Gatlinburg this past summer. I was pleased with the menuverability of this kayak. It got me into alot of micro-eddies with no problems. It is a change from Daggers Freefall though. It is shorter and able to fit into much more tighter areas on small creeks. I was able to go into areas that my friends Freefall would not go, and get out of it also. It is a safe boat with three broach pins placed close by. The way the bow is designed makes it easier and safer to get out of in case of pinning; there is an I-beam designed into the kayak. The new EXL material is strong and resistant. I am pleased with this boat overall. I have lived in this boat over the past year and have no complaints at all. It is worth your money!