Submitted: 05-25-2004 by Randy

I purchased my QCC Q400X used recently. It's a fiberglasss boat and I really like it. I was looking for a Kayak that would require little effort from me to paddle up current on the Willamette. I also wanted storage space and a boat that was not too tipy. Like a musical instrument, if you start with the right product, then you won't get frustrated trying to learn. The Q400X is like a fine instrument, yet it's rugged. It has a slight hump to it's top deck that gives me enough storage for a tent, a couple sleeping bags, and all my gear. It tracks very nice and when I get into shallows, I can lift the rudder and it still tracks nice. Turn the rudder and back paddle into the turn and it turns on a dime. Not bad for 15 feet of hull. I can stand up in deep water to board without feeling like I am going to fall. It came well equiped. Mine was worth the price I paid and I can't imagine owning a retro moulded. If I did buy plastic, I think the only other boat worth the money is a Carolina but who wants the extra weight? QCC knows what they are doing.