Submitted: 05-19-2004 by Andy Olsen

I've just purchased my second NC Kayak. The first was the NC-15 Excursion - the second is the new NC-15 Escape (same kayak - w/forward hatch). I'm 6'2", 185# and paddle primarily in South Puget Sound (Olympia, WA). I've found everything about NC Kayaks is truly exceptional (tracking, hull design, deck finishes, storage, seat comfort, etc.) Amazingly, the hull glides through the ebs and flows of the South Sound and slips through a good breeze without the necessity of a rudder or skeg. I've even added a Scotty mount forward of the cockpit for a rod holder and sail. Even when I'm trolling for salmon, or sailing in farily stout winds, I've found NC Kayaks stable and true to their course. Before buying my first Kayak I did a ton of research - I feel NC Kayaks are a terrific value. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.