Submitted: 05-17-2004 by mtbkski

I was looking for a new kayak for this coming summer. I thought that I would go with a Dagger Element or the Blackwater 11.5. I got to take these boats out to paddle them before hand and wasn't impressed. I was a bit disappointed in the Blackwater after all the great reviews it got. I decided to give the OT Sport JOLT 10.1 a try even though I really didn't think I would like it. Boy was I surprised.

This kayak is SUPER. It handles great. Is very responsive, tracks well and is nice and stable. All my friends that have tried my kayak agree. They just love this boat.

It is a small rec boat that handles like a white water boat on moving water. OT says it is rollable. But I haven't tried yet. It comes with a drop down skeg for running flat water. And it works great when you lower it. I was amazed at how much of a difference it could make on a kayak this short. I kept this kayak going in a nice straight line on the lakes while the skeg was down. On moving water it handles like a white water boat. It turns quickly and handles the rapids I have run in it with no effort.

This is the best all around boat that I have ever used. I would and have recomended this boat to everyone. It does it all and does it nicely. Here is what I have compared it to. Otter, Zydeco, Blackwater 11.5, Element, Loon 102, Dagger Delta, Kiwi. This boat rules. Buy one, you won't be sorry.