Submitted: 05-17-2004 by etoile

I am pleased with this little rec boat. It is my first kayak, although I have paddled many different sea kayaks in the 2+ years I've been kayaking. The NuNu is awfully short, and while she starts moving pretty easily she doesn't ever really "get going" - you've got to paddle this boat if you want to go somewhere. The rear bulkhead makes for a very dry rear hatch, and even with a cheap ill-fitting skirt I didn't end up with any water in the cockpit! I'm rating it a 7 mostly because the hole for the hatch is so tiny - you really can't fit much stuff back there. The boat is also on the heavy side for a 9-1/2 foot boat... I've seen boats that size that weigh less than 43 pounds. (The LiquidLogic Tryon is one pound lighter but a full foot longer, the Walden Experience is half a foot longer and six pounds lighter.) The hull of the boat also warps fairly easily. But it is definitely a pleasure to paddle this happy little rec boat!

New York Kayak Co.: