Submitted: 05-17-2004 by woverton

About a year ago I walked into Glacier Bay Sports on Long Island having never been in a Kayak before in my life. My interest was in nature photography, not kayaking. I handed Chris my $6000 digital camera/lens combination and explained that I wanted a kayak that I could use for photography that would be stable enough to safely carry me and my gear. After trying the Pamlico and Pungo 140's I decided on the Pungo for what I believed to be better secondary stability. After 100+ hours of using the Pungo I am convinced it was the right choice for my needs. It is comfortable, stable and paddles without much effort. The recling seat makes it easy to get very low which helps when shooting birds on the water. I'm sure there are faster, sleeker, fancier kayaks, but I don't have any intention of replacing my Pungo for the forseeable future.