Submitted: 05-17-2004 by Lord Kevlar

Last month I bought an Endeavor at the local sporting goods store. It is a great kayak for paddling around the bayous and back waters of Southern Mississippi. It is very stable, tracks well (except at very low speed), and is very easy to put in and out of the water. The high visiblity yellow color is an asset too--it keeps me from being run over by powerboaters. The cockpit is large, I am 5'11" and 200 lbs and I fit easily into the cockpit. My only complaint about this kayak is that whenever an idiot in a powerboat goes by with a 2'+ wake off of his bow, water rushes over the deck of the kayak when I point it into the oncoming wave. The design of the boat tends to punch through the wave rather than ride on top--excellent for stability, bad for people who would rather keep dry. Even so, the upslope of the deck keeps MOST of the water out. Overall, an excellent choice for a first kayak!