Submitted: 10-06-1999 by samelnyk
Like the others, I think that the Dagger Magellan is a real "gem" of a boat. I am a big boater (6' 2.5", 230 lbs) and this boat is comfortable, stable and responsive. It is well built and a true pleasure to look at. This is a boat that is just 'right' -- I seem to feel confident when I am in it. As previously stated, the initial stability is great; secondary is even better. However, if you decide to get it, make sure that you get it with the rudder -- it does make a world of difference.

There are some many small features on this boat that indicate the presence of a great deal of thought. For example, the rudder has a tie-down bungie. This is nice because it simplifies car topping the Magellan. With the bungie, the rudder is located. As another example, there is decent thigh padding in the Magellan. This is one plastic boat that I really don't want to get rid of. Enough said.