Submitted: 05-12-2004 by BP

Purchased the trailer last year after many frustrating attempts to car-top two Old Town 138's. Two boats, relatively small- no problem. Add some length and 60 lbs to bench press and things get ugly. Now the review- WOW ! If your thinking of it and it will get you out a few more times feel confident that this is a good choice. The trailer, bought off EBay, came disassembled and was not a problem to put together. Actually, at the end of last season I took the trailer apart to store in my garage to make room for another car. Most of the "small parts" can stay on so it wasn't hard and only took an hour or so to put back together.I have the 4 ft extension (get it- you will need it for a 14' or greater). I also have the galvinized trailer and 12"wheels. Tows nicely. Great to leave the boats on with the tongue pointing out of the garage towards the lake ! Hookup and go. believe me lifting the boats only 3' to get them home is so much better, safer, and back-friendly than car-topping.