Submitted: 05-10-2004 by bruce
The Pamlico 135T is a new model for 2004. It is the first kayak that my wife and I purchased. We did not try it out in advance. We are both over 50 and have only rented kayaks while on vacation.

Today, we took it out for the first time and had a wonderful experience. The kayak is short at 13'5" but it is very stable with a very open cockpit (lots of storage space). Although a tandem kayak is purportedly a "divorce boat", when both of us paddled in unison, it moved very rapidly and tracked well. It is listed as 55 pounds but feels heavier. It is easy to store and transport and has a solid feel to it. We had originally intended to purchase a Pamlico 145T. When the 135T became available, we elected to purchase a smaller tandem. The manufacturer indicated the boat has more of the feel of the Tarpon series rather than the other Pamlicos (I wouldn't know if this is correct). It is a great entry level kayak, and although we just returned from our first day of kayaking, I wanted to be the first to review this new model.