Submitted: 05-10-2004 by mvskayaker

I bought my Coho when they first introduced it. It is listed as a large volume expedition worthy boat. I found the initial stability somewhat light and secondary not rock solid either. The boat doesn't seem to hit a high point on edge at the peak of secondary handling, although I have no trouble immersing the side of the cockpit coaming. I don't think the Coho suits larger paddlers (over 200 lbs./over 6') especially when loaded with a week's worth of gear. There is good news though; this is my hands down favorite boat for large rivers and day paddling. The boat is a rocket- quick to accelerate, nimble, responsive, everything you would want a boat to do. I would have given it a 10 but I feel that I am beyond size paddler it would be best suited to. One other thing, when I take a friend paddling, people walk right past my $3000 kevlar boat and compliment the beauty of the Coho.