Submitted: 05-07-2004 by John

The Hully Rollers (in back) and Mako Saddle (in front) are an awesome combination. My kayak is a Wilderness Pungo 120 (12 feet long, weighs about 50 pounds). To load, I carry kayak to my Jeep Grand Cherokee. After I place a soft blanket over the edge of the roof hatch, I gently place the front of the kayak there. I step back, lift the rear, slide it an inch or two over the blanket until it touches the H-Rollers. Once there, I push and it rolls right on up until it settles neatly on the Mako Saddles. The straps tighten snugly, the Mako Saddles (which have a good rubbery surface that touches and holds the kayak) bend enough to wrap around the base of your kayak. The hold is rock solid. Don't forget to tighten all wing nuts on your units before you leave since they can loosen a little, and also, lock the Hully Rollers switch (which stops the wheels from rolling). To remove, I reverse the process. Since I worry about hitting the brakes at 65 and watching my Pungo race ahead of me like a Saturn rocket, I also tie down the front and back end of my kayak. I loaded it the first time in about 20 minutes. Next time, should be even quicker. Doing this, I can drive 65 easily with no movement at all by the kayak. Great system. I bought mine at Galyans.

Lasso Security Cables: