Submitted: 05-03-2004 by fishr3

I purchased a used 2003 model Pamlico 140 with the Phase-3 seat and a Voyager spray skirt and paddle. I tested the boat on a 27 mile 2-day river float trip. The boat had plenty of room for all my camping gear including a 7'x9' tent, sleeping pad & bag, backpacker stove, ice chest, food, two fishing poles and tackle. The only time I noticed the load was when we carried the boat to the water. I'm 6'2", and I had to put the foot pegs on the last (back) notch, but the large cockpit made it easy to get in and out of the boat. When I brought the boat home I unloaded it by myself from the rack on top of my SUV. I'd say it's not too heavy at 57#, but it's always better to have help with a boat this big. I'm very pleased with the Pamlico 140, and I give it a 10, because it filled my need for a high capacity fishing and camping kayak. I believe Wilderness Systems builds high quality kayaks.