Submitted: 04-28-2004 by wjlatsha
The Kevlar/fiberglass Chebeaque is a fun boat to paddle. My only complaint is that I am a BIG GUY (270Lb) and getting in and out of the cockpit opening is a bit difficult. I had to totally remove the knee braces, and that helped a lot. The cockpit width is fine at 17", but the 28.5" length is tight for me.

The boat is great for lakes and the local river (1 mile wide) and it handles my weight well, but I wouldn't want to add much gear weight. I find the boat tracks fast and straight when paddling, but likes to drift sideways when I stop paddling for a break. This is slightly annoying, but not a problem. It handles rough water well also, but 18-20" swells is the most I have had it in. I have not hads any trouble with leaking harches, but I have never rolled in it either.

The boat feels very stable. I like to photograph wildlife, and I take my camera along all the time. Speed seems very good too. Over all it is a great, and lightweight boat that I would reccomend to anyone. Pricing was decent for a kevlar layup too! It seemd to have a vewry strong hull and deck also.